Homeschool New York is a statewide organization dedicated to supporting and promoting home education throughout New York State. One of our major purposes is to support a statewide network of local chapters by and for home educating parents. For more information on finding one of our chapters, click here. We monitor and advocate with the New York State Legislature and the State Education Department regarding developments on home education policy and regulations. We publish a quarterly newsletter, The Messenger, for member families, as well as providing members with special discounts from curriculum suppliers, free opportunities, and regular emails filled with encouragement and ideas.
Why We Do What we do
Homeschool New York is a Christian organization, the members of which are like-minded Christian home education support groups made up of families dedicated to observing the Biblical commands of Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Proverbs 22:6, and Ephesians 6:4.
We promote home education as the Scriptural design for education, whereas institutional education is alternative to the home.
We believe that every family has the God-given legal and constitutional right to home educate in New York State, regardless of their philosophy of education or religious affiliation.
Homeschool New York is not a church, nor is this organization meant to replace the ministry of the local church to the home educating family.
Homeschool New York is organized exclusively for the purpose of providing service and support to Christian home education support groups within New York State in (but not limited to) the following ways:
- By aiding in the creation and growth of Christian home education support groups throughout New York State.
- By providing information regarding the legal climate of home education in New York State and in our nation.
- By encouraging home educating families to seek appropriate legal counsel.
- By monitoring and advising the State Education Department and other appropriate officials.
- By monitoring cases before family, state, and federal courts in this regard.
- By doing whatever is necessary to protect the future freedom of home education in New York State and in our nation.
- By promoting the advantages of home education over alternative forms of education outside of the home.
- By promoting sound, high-quality home education programs by parents or legal guardians for the purpose of developing Christlike character and which will satisfy the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional growth needs of their children.
- By reviewing and disseminating home education materials and information considered vital to home educators, this serving as a resource to parents desiring to educate their children in the home.
- By publishing a state newsletter.
- By planning and conducting an annual state home education convention and other educational opportunities designed to provide information and training that will help parents and others involved with or interested in home education.
- By supporting accurate home education research and its publication.
- By instituting whatever other programs or services in the future that may be deemed necessary by the membership of this organization.
We give you the tools to be a confident home educator!
Homeschool New York began in order to protect the God-given and constitutional right to home educate in New York State, regardless of one’s philosophy of education or religious affiliation, and to provide necessary support for homeschool families.