Welcome to our website. Loving Education At Home (LEAH) is a statewide organization dedicated to supporting and promoting home education throughout New York. One of our major purposes is to support a statewide network of homeschool chapters by and for home educating parents. For more information on finding one of these LEAH chapters, click here.
LEAH also provides:
- Publishing a statewide quarterly newsletter, The Messenger, for member families
- Conducting annual homeschool conferences – Upstate in Rochester and Downstate on Long Island
- Monitoring and advocacy with the New York State Legislature and the State Education Department regarding developments on home education policy and regulations.
Loving Education At Home is a Christian organization, the members of which are like-minded Christian home education support groups made up of families dedicated to observing the Biblical commands of Deuteronomy 6:4-10, Proverbs 22:6, and Ephesians 6:4.
We promote home education as the Scriptural design for education whereas institutional education is alternative to the home.
We believe that every family has the God-given legal and constitutional right to home educate in New York State, regardless of their philosophy of education or religious affiliation.
LEAH is not a church nor is this organization meant to replace the ministry of the local church to the home education family.
Loving Education At Home is organized exclusively for the purpose of providing service and support to Christian home education support groups within New York State including but not limited to the following ways:
- By aiding in the creation and growth of Christian home education support groups through out New York State.
- By providing information regarding the legal climate of home education in New York State and in our nation.
- By encouraging home education families to seek appropriate legal counsel.
- By monitoring and advising the State Department of Education and other appropriate officials.
- By monitoring cases before family, state, and federal courts in this regard.
- By doing whatever is necessary to protect the future freedoms of home education in New York State and in our nation.
- By promoting the advantages of home education over alternative forms of education outside the home.
- By promoting sound, high quality home education programs by parents or legal guardians for the purpose of developing Christlike character, and which will satisfy the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional growth needs of their children.
- By reviewing and disseminating home education materials and information considered vital to home educators, this serving as a resource to parents desiring to educate their children in the home.
- By publishing a state newsletter.
- By planning and conducting an annual state home education convention and other educational opportunities designed to provide information and training that will help parents and others involved with or interested in home education.
- By supporting accurate home education research and its publication.
- By instituting whatever other programs or services in the future as may be deemed necessary by the membership of this organization.