Saturday April 9, 2016
450 Edgewood Ave.
Smithtown, NY 11787
Registration deadline: 4/2/2016
Set-up begins at 12:00 noon
Presentations 1:00 – 3:00pm
Awards immediately following presentations.
Science Fair Rules and Regulations
- SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST!
- Only one entry per student. All participants must be active members of LEAH.
- We encourage parents to help and get involved, but please remember that this is your child’s project.
- Experiments are recommended over collections and models. Judging will be based on use of the scientific method.
- Judging will include display and presentation. Displays must be free standing, so make sure they are not too heavy or bulky, and that all parts are securely mounted.
- Display boards may not exceed 36 inches in height and 48 inches in width when fully expanded. And remember, it must stand alone.
- Students who do not orally present their findings may participate, but will not be eligible for an award.
- Limit the presentation to 10 minutes; five to seven minutes for speaking and the remainder of the time for the judges to ask questions.
- Respect others at the fair, adults and students alike, and especially the judges.
- All decisions of the judges and science fair coordinators are final.
- Students from pre-K to high school seniors may participate. All participants will receive a certificate of Only those who meet the criteria below will be eligible for awards. If room allows, we will entertain offers from adults to present displays or experiments for educational enrichment.
- Have FUN!
Source: Elementary Science Fair Planning Guide, Lora Holt copyright 2006